Looking for a new comfortable mattress? Want to support your fellow Americans by purchasing one made in the United States? Then look no further! This list is composed of the best mattresses made in the USA so you can feel good about supporting brands in the United States
What mattresses are made in the USA?
There are a lot of mattresses and their brands that are created and manufactured in the USA. You might be familiar with some of them and surprised by others.
- Tuft & Needle: Tuft & Needle was created in 2012 when two software engineers realized they had the same problem – they hated buying mattresses. In 2018, they merged with Serta Simmons Bedding, and today they offer a variety of products from mattresses to bedding, furniture, and even a noise machine.
- Serta: Speaking of Serta, it is also made in the United States. The company was created in 1931 when The Perfect Sleeper mattress was introduced, but the name wouldn’t come about until two years later. Today, they offer mattresses to over 150 countries.
- Saatva: This luxury brand was created in 2010 in order to take pressure off those who were looking for a high-quality mattress. Today, they not only offer mattresses, but also bedding, frames, and bases.
- Purple: The story of Purple is one of a brand developing over time thanks to science. Brothers and engineers Tony and Terry Pearce first started by creating wheelchair cushioning, Floam, in the late 1980s and early 1990s which was later picked up by other companies including Nike and Johnson and Johnson. By the mid-90s, they created a Hyper-Elastic Polymer, and in 2013 they made the Mattress Max which helped them create top-tier mattresses for less. Now, everyone has heard of Purple.
- Helix: Helix is a personalized brand that allows you to take a quiz to find your perfect mattress. With regular and luxe options, you can find the best mattress for your sleep needs.
- Nolah: Nolah’s goals was to use the most up-to-date technology while being temperature neutral. The result is the Nolah Air Foam which does not contain viscoelastic chemicals or cooling gel.
- Leesa: Leesa is a mattress brand focused on the environment and the community. It is a Certified B Corp company that donates one mattress to a homeless child for every ten purchased.
- GhostBed: In 2001, GhostBed’s CEO wanted to invent his own mattress that addressed his personal neck and back pain. Ten years later he understood that annoyance of needing to go into a store to purchase and pick up a mattress. Now GhostBed can be shipped in a box.
- Birch by Helix: The goal of Birch is to provide the most comfortable mattress while also making it the most sustainable. With organic products made of natural products that are sustainable sourced, customers can feel good about purchasing their mattresses, pillows, bedding, and bases.
- Bear Mattress: Bear Mattress has been around for over 25 years, focusing on high-quality materials and great value. They primarily focus on selling the product by proving they are a great mattress for athletes and anyone on the go.
10 Best Mattresses Made In the USA
Now that you are more familiar with some great mattress brands created in the United States, here are some top mattresses you can choose from for you and your family.
The Mint Mattress from Tuft & Needle is a multi-award winning mattress and it’s easy to see why. It has three layers of foam including the T&N Adaptive foam which contains heat-conducting graphite.
The EZ Tote Mattress with gel memory foam and support by Serta is that perfect mattress you are looking for if you just got your first apartment or are in college. This mattress is comfortable and affordable so you don’t have to sacrifice your “for fun” cash for a good night’s rest.
If you need a natural, non-toxic mattress to address your allergy needs, the Latex Hybrid Mattress by Saatva might be the one for you. The natural latex will remove your allergy problems so you can sleep better at night.
The Hybrid Premier by Purple includes their famous purple gel grid, but this time you can choose either 3” or 4” of the comfy stuff. Now you can really feel like you’re floating as you sleep.
If you aren’t sure what kind of mattress you want because you are not sure what your needs are, look no further than Helix. Helix has a quick quiz that helps you find the best mattress for you and your potential partner.
The Nurture 10” by Nolah is an organic kids mattress that features natural latex and an organic cotton cover. This mattress is hypoallergenic and features eco-friendly materials so you can feel comfortable about what kind of mattress your child is sleeping on tonight.
If you want just foam, then this Original Mattress by Leesa is your top pick. Comfortable yet simple, this mattress is breathable and contours to your body. On top of that – and it – it has a soft gray twill cover.
Are you a side sleeper and your partner is a stomach sleeper? Or a back sleeper and a side sleeper? Whatever your sleeping orientation, it can be difficult to find a mattress that works for both of you. The GhostBed Flex is the answer to those problems thanks to its medium firmness and seven layers of comfort.
If you want to be eco-conscious as you search for your next mattress, the Natural Mattress by Birch is your best choice. Organic cotton, wool, and natural latex compose this mattress for a healthy, supportive sleep.
The Bear Pro by Bear Mattress focuses on body temperature and recovery. The copper-infused and gel memory foams help keep sleepers not too hot and not too cold while the Breathable Celliant cover helps speed muscle recovery. Look at our other mattresses for athletes.
Final Thoughts on Some Great American Brands
There are some really great mattresses made here in the USA. Show some patriotic support as you search for your next mattress, and get sleeping, America!