For many of us, quality sleep is a luxury. Weighted blankets can improve the quality and duration of your sleep, helping you fall asleep faster and wake feeling more rested. They also provide benefits for a wide variety of health conditions.
Because of their multi-use functionality, including both therapeutic benefits and improvements in sleep quality, weighted blankets make excellent gifts, whether for birthdays or the holidays, as they’re quite literally gifts that keep on giving in terms of sleep, restfulness and ultimately an improved quality of life.
Quility weighted blankets are made with durable, high-quality materials and designed to deliver even pressure. Premium micro-glass beads evenly distribute the pressure, making sure the blanket stays perfectly balanced no matter your sleeping position. The blanket itself is 100% cotton, covered with a washable polyester cover for easy cleaning and comes in various sizes and weights.
Size: 48″ X 72″
Material: 100% Cotton Blanket, 100% Polyester Duvet CoverSave 15% on Amazon
Hush blankets feature a leak-proof quilted stitching, guaranteeing even weight distribution of throughout. Non-toxic and odor-free materials add luxury to your home. The “mink-like feeling” outer layer is removable for easy washing, and the inner blanket is also soft, made of microfiber, meaning you’d be able to also use it with the cover off.
Size: 60″ X 80″
Material: Oeko-tex Certified Cotton Material W/Non-toxic Glass SandBuy on Amazon
Featuring Oeko-tex Certified 100% Cotton, this ultra-breathable budget pick is great for houses with children. Small compartment 7-layer stitching prevents the non-toxic beads from moving and shifting weight. The blanket comes with attached loops on the ends that make it easy to customize with your favorite duvet cover and at the time of publishing, has an additional coupon available.
Size: 60″ X 80″
Material: Soft Material with Glass BeadsBuy on Amazon
Made with bamboo, this blanket provides all of the benefits of a weighted blanket without worrying about overheating and uses deep touch pressure which is great for sharing or more intense relief. The removable duvet style cover remains soft even after washing and fits in with any standard bedding look.
Size: 55″ X 70″
Material:Plush Minky Duvet Cover: Extremely Soft, Removable Cover.Buy on Amazon
A 100% organic breathable cotton cover has corner ties to reduce movement and help with even weight distribution. Ranging in sizes up to King, Rocabi blankets feature a textured cover that adds a tactical sensory element, further contributing to an ultra relaxing experience. Comes with a 60-night free trial and a 365-day guarantee.
Size: 60″ X 80″
Material: 100% Cotton Removable Cover & Cotton Inner Weight Quilt With Glass BeadsBuy on Amazon
10 Conditions That Weighted Blankets May Help With
Weighted blankets for adult look like regular blankets, but they have some weight to them. But what is the point of a weighted blanket? It all has to do with something called deep touch pressure (DTP) stimulation. The weight of the blanket actually stimulates your brain to produce more serotonin which results in a calming effect. It decreases nervous system activity and reduced cortisol production as well.
Here are 10 conditions that weight blankets can help with:
- Anxiety and stress
- Sensory processing disorder
- Fibromyalgia pain
- Restless leg syndrome
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Panic disorder
FAQs About Weighted Blankets
- Do weighted blankets work ? – A weighted blankets are safe for both adults and children. Not only can they help with general stress and anxiety, but they can improve sleep and provide relief for a variety of conditions including insomnia, ADHD, restless legs syndrome, fibromyalgia, and more. Individual results may vary, but many adults find it helpful to sleep with a weighted blanket.
- How heavy should a weighted blanket be? – Generally speaking, a weighted blanket should be about 10% of your bodyweight for adults. For children, it should be about 10% of body weight plus 1 or 2 pounds. To give you an example, an adult weighing 150 pounds should choose a blanket weighing about 15 pounds. This is the ideal weight to get the therapeutic benefit, but you can add or subtract weight for comfort’s sake.
- Do weighted blankets help you sleep? – A weighted blankets are very beneficial for sleep for a number of reasons. Most importantly, the weight created deep touch pressure stimulation which boosts serotonin production in the brain. Sleeping with a weighted blanket may help you fall asleep faster, sleep longer, and wake up feeling more rested.
- How do you wash a weighted blanket? – Washing a weighted blanket depends largely on the design. Some blankets are all one piece while others have a removable, washable cover. If the cover is removable, you can generally wash it on the gentle cycle, though you should refer to the washing instructions to be sure. For blankets that do not have a removable cover, you should spot-clean stains as much as possible or wash it separately from other things in cool water on the gentle cycle with no chlorine bleach or fabric softener added.
Whether you suffer from anxiety or you simply want to achieve a better night’s sleep, using a weighted blanket may help. These blankets can improve the quality of your sleep by helping you fall asleep more quickly, stay asleep longer, and wake up feeling refreshed.
If you’re not sure where to start looking for a weighted blanket, simply check out our weighted blanket reviews and try one of the 5 blankets above. Best of luck!